On 04/10/2013 05:09 PM, Dominik Tabisz wrote:
> Hello
> I'm trying to find a way to transform some parts of image. Some kind
> of tool that acts like edit>transform>warp in Photoshop.
> here You can see what it do between 12:33 and 13:09
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7JMnIOSP0&list=LLUjDEobLFztntmtwhz--rTg
> Please tell me is there anything like this tool in Gimp ecosystem.
> If there is a way to achieve such effect maybe there are some tutorials?

Hey Dominik,

I think the Cage Transform Tool is the closest thing to that in the
GIMP.  It's a new toolbox item in GIMP 2.8.  I don't know of any
tutorials for that.

I have not played with the cage transform very much, but I do think
it is a good idea to:

1) Make sure the Tool Options dialog is open and read what it says.

2) Work on a new layer with the image content you want to transform
copied or pasted in.

3) Plan ahead and use as few nodes as possible to define the 'cage'
around the region to be warped.

4) Wait for the preview rendering process to finish every time you
move a node, press Enter when you are done to make the transform

5) Be prepared to use masking and/or other techniques to correct
unintended sharp edges at the boundary of the transformed area after
the operation.  (I suspect that what I am seeing in these cases may
be a bug at work.)

Also take a look at the IWarp tool at Filters > Distorts > IWarp.  I
have often wished this was a more "developed" tool permitting more
precise and repeatable operations, but it has its uses and it "just



gimp-user-list mailing list

Reply via email to