Thanks Kevin! I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out another way to
simulate the overlap behavior, sure haven't been able to come up with anything
yet. Do you have any suggestions, or know where I could look for the answer? I
also need to submit a feature request to have this added to a future Gimp.