Hi Liam, I'm using Gimp 2.8.2 on MacOS 10.8.3 (the precompiled X11 version,
much snappier for me than the native Gimp 2.8.4). I've definitely dabbled in
programming and would not be against attempting to "roll my own" Gimp. I would,
however, really appreciate any pointers which would get me started in the right
direction. For now I'll start looking into the source code to see if I can
figure out what needs to be done.

I'd never used the rotate colors plugin. Seems extremely powerful! Not sure if
it will do exactly what I need though, but I don't really understand how to
utilize it's full functionality just yet.

Not sure if I can get the accuracy I need out of any other color selection
method. I will fiddle around with it a bit though and see if it's possible for

Thanks so much for your help!