Hello,

If you're using 64-bit windows, try this solution Jernej Simonc(ic( has offered when the question came up earlier on this mailing list:

Try this: uninstall GIMP 2.8, then run the 2.8.2 installer with /32
parameter (to do this, press the Windows key and R on keyboard, so that the
Run dialog opens; then click Browse and find gimp-2.8.2-setup.exe; back in
the Run dialog add a space and /32 at the end of Open field and click OK).

This'll install 32-bit version of GIMP instead of 64-bit one if you have
64-bit Windows. If the tablet works now, you should contact the
manufacturer, and request 64-bit drivers for the tablet.

I wasn't the OP back then, but I had other non-wacom-tablet-problems, which could be resolved this way.

bw,
Tobl