On 04/24/2013 03:33 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 20:13 +0200, marciomendonsa wrote:
>> Hello Folks!!
>>
>> I read The "Beginig Gimp - From Novice to professional" and would like to
>> learn
>> more about Gimp! After that, which is the best Gimp book?
>
> Best is to use GIMP yourself for a while, to look on the Web, at the
> GIMP plugin registry, at examples (e.g. deviantart.com has a lot of
> user-submitted work done with GIMP)...
>
> It all depends on what you're doing.
>
> I especially like The Artist's Guide to GIMP for a tutorial-based
> approach. I was recently sent a copy of "The Book of GIMP: A complete
> guide to nearly everything" which is much fatter and somewhat more up to
> date than Beginning GIMP, but it might be too close to what you already
> have.
>
> There's probably also a "national bestseller" book of the movie "Pulp
> Fiction" which describes a different, but not unrelated, GIMP :-)

Once Upon A Time the answer to that was too easy:  Grokking The Gimp
was "it".  But now, dang it, there's too much out there to pick a
"best."

A major resource to look at is GIMP Magazine.  Three issues are out
so far, all available for download in PDF format:

http://gimpmagazine.org/

It's kind of amazing how the community and its literature is growing!

:o)

Steve