On Fri, 2013-05-10 at 17:31 +0200, Shinnen wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to have Gimp open a specific folder (in my camera's SD card)
> and display thumbnails of the JPGs in that folder, so that I can click on the
> one I want to work on and have it open full size. Can this be done?
> Thanks,

Since you don't mention which computing environment you're using I'm
going to guess it's Microsoft Windows - the file manager should do that
for you.

If it's GNU/Linux™ under GNOME, I use gthumb for the purpose -
right-click on an image and use open With, or select multiple images and
drag them onto GIMP.

* Linux is a registered trademark of Linux Torvalds