>My usual check list;
>Is the problem on all images or only on one image? If on one image,
>more likely a selection or active later problem, otherwise it more
>likely some tool setting.
>Reinstalling Gimp is usually not mandated and pretty much useless. If
>you can't find the tool setting that went sour you have better rename
>your Gimp profile to have Gimp restart with the defaults

I had this issue on every single image, even on new, blank ones.

I solved the problem by uninstalling the software again and deleting every
GIMP-related folder in C:\Users\(nameoftheuser)\

A fresh install then did the trick; go figure...thanks a bunch for your reply

Retri (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)