> On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Owen <rc...@pcug.org.au> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 May 2013 03:09:35 -0400
>> Pat Brown <pat.mysterywri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > My Gimp crashed and won't restart. I rebooted the laptop,
>> uninstalled
>> > and reinstalled the program and uninstalled it, rebooted and did a
>> > command line installation. I also ran all my updates.
>> >
>> > I'm running Linux Mint 14 and Gimp 2.8
>> >

>> When you started it from the command line, did any messages appear?
>> What were they?
>>

>> When you uninstalled it, did you do a "Complete removal" or only a
>> reinstallation.
>>
>> Suggestion.
>>
>> 1. Do a complete uninstallation
>> 2. do an "updatedb"
>> 3. Search for gimp
>> 4. You will probably need to remove ~/.gimp-2.8
>> 5. There maybe some residual gimp files which could be deleted
>> safely.
>>
>> then
>>
>> 6. Install gimp anew.
>>

> I uninstalled both from the software manager and synaptic package
> manager.
> I also deleted ~/gimp-2.8. Then I did another command line install and
> once
> it was finished -- no error messages -- then ran gimp. This the
> message I
> got
>
> (gimp:6910): Gimp-Base-CRITICAL **: temp_buf_new: assertion `width > 0
> &&
> height > 0' failed
> Segmentation fault

OK, well you should probably reply to the list, rather than me as
there are more eyes and knowledge on the list.

I tried "Gimp-Base-Gimp-Base-CRITICAL **: temp_buf_new: assertion
`width" in google.

here's one answer

have you ever had a tablet connected? Suggest you read through the
google results and see if anything applies to you.

I certainly can't help any further

--
Owen