> Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 13:09:02 +0100
> From: juliusvo...@yahoo.de
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] On-canvas text editing: make optional plea
>
> Hi all,
> hope this gets to developers just like I thought.
>
> I tried GIMP on Linux Mint and was delighted, thanks.
>
> A bit annoying, though, was that the on-canvas-text-editing
> parameters box can't be turned off, because it's in the way
> when I want a full view of my graphic while I'm typing and editing.
>
> Cheers,
> Julius

A good point.  If you check the "Use editor" option (which opens a separate
window for editing the text) then you don't NEED the on-canvas text editor at
the same time.  And while you can, for example, disable visibility on the text
layer while the text editor window is open, this only affects the visibility of
the text itself; the on-canvas controls remain visible and there doesn't seem
to be a way to adjust that.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com