On 05/29/2013 07:49 PM, Helen wrote:
> I recently upgraded to suse 12.3 and now have gimp 2.8.   (I like 2.6 much
> better, but that's not the question.)  I lost my
> personal brushes, but I have the old brushes on another machine.  Is there
> any reason I should not move my old (2.6) brushes
> into gimp 2.8?   My fear is that the 2.6 brushes may not work with 2.8, but
> may override them so that nothing works.

Your old brushes should work fine.  Check in your
/home/(your-name)/.gimp-2.8/brushes/ directory (enable "view hidden
files" in your file browser).  It's probably empty; just dump the
old ones in there.

If it's not empty, you can make a subdirectory under /brushes, call
it old-ones or whatever, and put the old ones in there.

Either way,the GIMP should find them next time you start it and make
them available via the Brushes dock window.

:o)

Steve