KATHLEEN LORALEE KELLER <kl...@psu.edu> writes:

> Hi All,
> I'm new to gimp, but wanted to know if there's a way we can scramble
> images using the program. We are trying to make images unrecognizable
> through scrambling (while still retaining the image colors,etc).

Note, if this is for any sort of privacy purposes, that most such
"scrambling" methods can to some extent be undone. A warped face can be
unwarped, blurs can be unblurred, etc. If the purpose is to hide
someone's face or similar, fill a circle with some colour instead. Or if
you want to keep similar colours as the rest of the image, use
Resynthesizer to grab colours from the surrounding area.