Sam Gleske (sam.mxra...@gmail.com) wrote:
> I merely asked if one of the reasons for the creation of GEGL was to
> abstract graphical manipulation functions out of the GUI into a library.

Well, we already had an abstraction layer between the image manipulation
core and the GUI, so that question is slightly off: No, GEGL was not
made to foster an abstraction layer between GUI and image manipulation
core.

GEGL was conceived as a replacement for the old core.

> If that was the case would creating a different GUI on top of it feasible
> for getting similar quality of image manipulation?

Absolutely.

I hope this helps,
        Simon

--