On 06/14/13 20:46, Joyce wrote:
Thank you for the help yesterday – it worked and I am learning.   I
do need more help; I have my second layer positioned correctly using
the opacity.  However, I can not erase the surrounding unwanted area.
The eraser either leaves a color in the area or turned it to the grey
and white squares.  I have watched tutorials again and again, but can
not seem to fix this.  Thank you for a response.

MAGS

The 'grey and white squares' are the workspace underneath the layer, if you can see them, then you have made that section of the layer transparent.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL
http://copyfree.org/licenses/owl/license.txt