On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Helen wrote:

> My agent sends a jpg of the card she plans to mail out, asking me to edit.
> I edit, save to jpg becasue tha's what she wants, and it has now disappeared
> off my screen.

Why did it disappear off your screen? Why do you reopen it?

> This new requirement that I keep exporting and re-opening jpg files

Helen, there is no such requirement. You absolutely don't need to
reopen anything.

When you export a file to JPEG from GIMP, you get the same dialog with
a checkbox that lets you preview how quality setting affects the final

Alexandre Prokoudine