> Here are the facts: every time you "save" your image as JPEG, you lose
> information. It is by design a lossy image format

Exactly!   We should not have to keep opening these files!  They should
stay on my screen until I finish with them.
Now, in defense of the gallery operators, I am sending a small thumbnail so
that they can ask for the print if they want it -- they are not actually
using my
thumbnail for printing or showing.  But one *still* should not have to keep
re-opening a file because gimp will not let you keep it open after you save
a change.

> --
> Grue (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Helen Etters