>   When you make
> an edit on the image and you export it, the JPEG doesn't "disappear" and
> the edited image still shows in the image window. It's that you want to
> see the _exported_ JPEG file to confirm the export resulted in the JPEG
> file you wanted to create for the client
> I think you're thinking you have to re-open the exported JPEG file in
> GIMP to make more edits is causing some confusion.

Not exactly, no, the edited image that is now on my screen, the xcf, is
probably a resolution of 300 x 300 and may be a print size of 12 x 16;
But the exported
image is a resolution of 72 and is not meant for printing.   *That* is the
one that I have to re-open (because I can't force it not to close when I
export.)   *That's* the one I have to mail, and if I decided to make a
tweak, I can't just save and mail -- I have to export, re-open ...   I
don't see any way around the repeated reopenings except to make sure
everything I do is perfect the first time, and that's even less likely than
the developers reconsidering this.  Thank you Tom.

gimp-user-list mailing list
> gimp-user-list@gnome.org

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3