On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 08:03 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 11:30:43 +0200
> > From: schum...@gmx.de
> > To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> > Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] A sad case of regression ?
> >
> > . . . That's not perfect yet - for example, you lose the undo history . . .
>
> How often is Undo history ACTUALLY needed by the user, beyond fixing a
> ten-seconds-ago mistake?  I can't personally name a single application
> that stores undo history with the document's workfile; but if you can,
> let me know.

"no-one swims across the river here so we don't need a bridge"?

I've used commercial software that stored editing history in a database
- you can go back through the entire history of most aircraft manuals
and see all the edits, for example, for obvious legal reasons.

I've many times wished I could save undo history - e.g. I'm
experimenting, but my flight is boarding or my battery is low.

Liam