On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 00:52 +0200, Ofnuts wrote:
>  if you only do local editing and save the image back with the
> exact same JPEG quality settings, the "blocks" which no changed pixels
> very quickly end up producing the very same data as their source in the
> JPEG file in every editing cycle,

This depends on the sorts of edits you do.

For example, changing contrast or levels globally, or running a sharpen
filter, will often accentuate the original jpeg artifacts so that they
in turn create new artifacts.

(that's why I mentioned levels, curves and sharpen explicitly in the
post i made somewhere else in this thread).

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org