On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:26:33 +0200 (CEST)
oli...@des-or-mad.net wrote:

> I achieve good results using ImageMagick convert with the monochrome option:
> convert -monochrome input.png output.pcx

Hi Oliver.

-monochrome alone didn't do it. Adding -depth 1 neither, -color 2 neither.

After quite a  bit of experimenting I did find a combination which produced
the correct colors and resolution:

convert fk4.pcx -colors 2 -type bilevel  -density 72x72 fk4a.pcx

(-monochrome did produce something: it separated the original into three
color planes, each 8-bit)

A pity Gimp doesn't offer a dialog at the export, which offers 1-bit PCX
output, instead of insisting on 8-bit, even if the image is marked as
indexed B/W)

gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org