> Von: "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1...@gmail.com>

> On 06/26/13 15:17, scl wrote:
> > Am 26.06.13 22:11, schrieb Jernej Simončič:
> >
> >> This appears to be a bug in 32-bit build - we're looking into it.
> >>
> > You're right. The 64 bit build doesn't have that delay on startup.

> Not true.
> amd64 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE-p4 here, just updated to GIMP 2.8.6 and still
> have the delay over multiple sessions.

Then you may be seeing the same or a similar bug on your platform.
You didn't really specify how long that delay is, though.

> I don't really see it as buggy.

It doesn't matter whether you see something as a bug for it to be one.

> If there is something missing it will only be known by rescanning the
> folders time-and-again.

If it is missing, then it will be added (remember my comment about the caching
based on the file modification time?). If a plug-in was there previously and
has been changed, its query() procedure will be run again. See
http://www.gimp.org/docs/plug-in/sect-essentials.html for a more detailed
description of a plug-in's key procedures.

So there's no need for GIMP to re-query plug-ins all the time. As I wrote
before, an GIMP launch with unchanged plug-ins should rush through that stage.

gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org