>Hi Kevin,
>From my experience, after pasting a new object in order to create a
>layer, in the layers menu there should be Floating Selection ("pasted
>Layer") like Burnie wrote. For me, I right-click the "pasted layer"
>select "New Layer", and the pasted object shows up as a new layer.
>there, I make sure I deselect everything (SELECT > NONE), and then use
>move tool (making sure the cursor is over the pasted object) to click
>the object in your new layer in order to move it. Hope that is of some
>On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

When you select the move tool, look at the options (just below or lower half of
the tool selection right side of screen). You will see three buttons next to
"Move:" mouse over it says', Layer, selection, and path. Click layer. This get
me every time.

althumbs (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org