I dl'ed the latest resynthesizer from the GIMP plugin registry - but can't
get
it working.

I am running gimp 2.8.6 on Fedora 19...I put all the package files into
the plugins directory in my home directory.

It shows up in the filters/map/resynthesize menu but when I tested it out
by selecting an object in a jpeg, little happened, other than some very
minor
changes to the area selected.  I tried changing various
parameters but was unsuccessful. I also tried the  heal selection but that
just bring up the old 'heal brush' as it has in the past.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks

By the way UCEProtect has blacklisted my providers addresses so I
have to write from Gmail

--
Frank in Montreal