> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:45:04 -0700
> From: w...@ieee.org
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to move layer group
> > A) Move all the layers in that layer group to another (x,y) position:
> > 1. In the Move tool check 'Move the active layer',
> > 2. select the layer group in the Layers dialog,
> > 3. move the layer group around with the Move tool.
> Thanks much.  This is what I was trying to do.
> I simply did not review the tool options and try that one. My bad.

Note you can use the SHIFT key to toggle between the modes.  Very handy - I
personally prefer the tool to be on "pick an object to move" by default, but I
definitely have occasional cases where I need to move something that's already
active but for one reason or another difficult to actually click on (like a
text layer).

-- Stratadrake
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org