On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:03:45 +0100
Andrew & Bridget <andrew_brid...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Completely useless for the vast majority who only want to quickly open a
> > camera-produced .jpeg, rotate, crop and rescale it, and never work on it
> > again.

> So why use GIMP ?

Because I have been using it (mainly to quickly open a camera-produced .jpeg,
rotate, crop and rescale it, and never work on it again) for over 15 years.

Because it is the only serious image manipulation prog for Linux.

Pity the recent changes have made it so much less pleasant to use; every time I
have saved my work back to its original .jpg and the stupid prog claims I have
not saved it, I heartily curse those responsible, and wish them to suffer both
lumbago AND hiccough......

Cheers,

Ron.
--