On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:

> No, this is not an improvement. More developer snobbery, thinking they know
> more than the average user.

Actually, it's the job of developers to know a lot about things like
workflows, digital imaging and suchlike. It just so happens the mythic
"average user" doesn't know a lot about all those things.

In my experience any attempt to teach users good practices will be met
by a few snobbery accusations. Today it's you who issues them.
Tomorrow it will be someone else.

The "average user" neither needs nor wants to understand that the
direct implementation of the "do as I say, or else you are a snob who
doesn't listen to users" rule leads to inconsistent, cluttered,
unusable interfaces. I don't blame you for not understanding that.
Obviously you can't know everything.

But here's an idea. If using GIMP makes you sulking and soar all the
time (and this is not the first time you are complaining about a
specific change), perhaps it's time for you to think why you want to
invest your time into this unhealthy "relationship"?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org