On Monday, 22. July 2013 08:38:00 Alex Vergara Gil wrote:
> Hello GIMP developers:
> I am working on a project where I need to set all pixels below a level as
> alpha channel, is there a quick way to achieve this? The level can be both
> set a priori or adjusted dinamically, the second way is prefered. Right now
> my workflow includes: 1. duplicate layer.
> 2. use color level in duplicate layer, in menu COLOR -> LEVEL.
> 3. add alpha mask to original layer
> 4. copy duplicate layer into the alpha mask of the original.
> 5. delete duplicate layer.
> 6. If result is not ok then return to 1.
> As you can see this workflow is a headache, specially point 6 which is often
> achieved. Any thoughts

1. Create a channel mask from the grayscale value.
2. On the channel mask, use the threshold tool.

Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel / My public key: 4096R/600ACB3B 2012-04-01
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint:
9902 575B B9A0 C339 CFDF  250B 9267 CA6B 600A CB3B
Runterladen z.B. bei/ Get it e.g. from:
pgp.mit.edu, subkeys.pgp.net, pgp.uni-mainz.de, pool.sks-keyservers.net, ...

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org