Dear Gimp community,

I would like to inquire about the state of the EXIF support in Gimp, as
per the title.

It seems that Gimp 2.8.6 (Fedora 19) is ignoring the colorspace (Adobe
RGB) that is written by my camera as per the EXIF 2.21 specifications
(that is, setting the InteropIndex to 'R03' for Adobe RGB, see

It seems hard to find proper documentation (or even the 2.21
specifications online), but some software (e.g. Geeqie) manage to parse
the useful information very well (see

Is there a workaround for this? It cripples the Adobe RGB workflow to a
point I prefer sticking to sRGB for now, which is not ideal given that
printers and monitors keep improving in gamut.

Here are two test files: (Adobe RGB) (sRGB)

Thanks for the great software :)

gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:
List membership: