> Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 05:54:13 -0400
> From: ptilopt...@gmail.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] still boring  export - save as  -  discussion
>
> Just noticed that there is a new, at least to me, menu option under
> "File", "Overwrite <original-file-name>", which effectively accomplishes
> the action desired by those unable to adjust.  Perhaps an attempt has been
> made to lower the noise ratio here.

That is precisely what that command is made for -- exporting back to the
original non-XCF file with a minimum of prompts and dialogs.  JPG's will still
prompt you for compression options the first time you click it, but a lot of
pixel-perfect file formats will be able to output straight back with no
interruptions.

HOWEVER, it is interesting to note that despite appearances, the "Overwrite"
and "Export" menu options are actually different commands internally and only
one of them gets the Ctrl+E shortcut.  This was apparently deliberate, but I
know I don't entirely like it.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com