> On the contrary, this is the dangerous situation...
> - load file
> - create complicated selection/path to update part of the image
> - update that part
> - export image
> - quit (and throw the selection away...).
>
> IMHO the only safe case is when the image has one singe layer without
> mask, no channels, no paths, no selections.

GIMP is the only application I know of where the selection mask is considered
actual document content (rather than an interface entity used for manipulating
document content).  That was a very workflow-breaking issue to come to terms
with, and actually much more so than Save vs. Export.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com