> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:14:20 -0500
> From: jnagyjr1...@gmail.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
>
> I had meant to send this on-list yesterday...didn't realize my error
> until Richard replied off-list.
>
> Don't forget the 'floating selection' layer that prevents you from
> editing any other layer in the image. Excessively frustrating when
> you're looking to use one particular image in a variety of ways. That
> plus the new save vs. export is very workflow breaking.

Right.  So if I may correct my previous response then . . . . the one change
GIMP ever made which broke my personal workflow in the biggest, ugliest way
possible was not 2.8's Save/Export.  It was when GIMP 2.4 changed the default
click-and-drag select behavior from "float and move selected region of pixels"
to "move selection mask only".  I was . . . not happy about that.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com