On 08/19/2013 03:43 PM, rhimbo wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm a very novice user so feel free to explain in detail....!  And I apologize
for my ignorance of the proper terminology in posing my question.

I'm trying to rotate an image.  Actually, I figured out how to rotate it.  But I
can't figure out how to fill in the "empty" triangular areas that represent the
area between the edges of the original image and the horizontal and vertical
edges of the canvas.  I would like to fill these spaces so it is not obvious
that the image was rotated.  How can I do this?

What is the standard way to manipulate images in this manner?

I've attached a sample image that I rotated.

Thanks in advance.

There is no routine way to "fill in the blank spaces." You would have to pick an acceptable fill color and live with the little triangles, or
crop the image to a rectangle containing only real picture elements.

Or you could apply your painting/drawing skill to fill in the triangles.

Your picture is reasonably rotated - however, the edges have been cropped to the "canvas" - the rectangle containing the original image. In order to keep all the detail in the picture, you would have had to "Fit Canvas to Layers" - a selection under the "Image" tab.

Have fun, and keep exploring.

  -- Burnie
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

Reply via email to