> From: dgr...@thecommonlot.com
> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:02:09 -0400
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Can Gimp superimpose text in landscape orientation on
> photo?
>
> Can Gimp superimpose text in landscape orientation on photo?
>       If so, I can not find in the documentation how to do this.
>
> This is my first posting. I hope I am asking through the correct list serve?

You're asking in the right place, but it's not entirely clear what you're
trying to do.

The way I interpret the question, you have a photo (in landscape orientation)
and you want to add text to it in GIMP.  If your camera tagged that the photo
is landscape instead of portrait then GIMP will automatically rotate the image
90 degrees when you open the file so the correct side faces up and you can
simply superimpose text using the Text tool; no further editing is required.

If GIMP does not (the photo opens "sideways"), you can still use the Text tool
like normal, however you will need to manually rotate one layer (either the
text layer or the photo layer) by 90 degrees so they match up the way you want.
 Preferably the photo layer, because GIMP doesn't support editing a text layer
after making non-text edits (like rotation) to it - if you try, GIMP warns you
it has to revert the modifications to that layer.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com