> Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 13:03:23 +0200
> From: schum...@gmx.de
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] changes in gimp 2.8
> > Second, it seems the text tool has been refactored a bit.  Now when I go to
> > type text, it has a fixed size of 18 pixels.  If I raise this amount, and
> > select the text in the text box again, the number reverts back to 18 and I
> > get small text.  What's going on here?  Is there a different workflow now
> > for selecting that number?
> Where do you change the text size - in the tool options dialog or the
> on-canvas dialog?

Very important to learn for 2.8 is that the font size in the Tool Options
dialog controls the "default" size of the text object, while the on-canvas
dialog is a secondary size that only applies to selected text within that
object, i.e. you can mix different sizes/styles in the same text layer (similar
to a traditional word processor).  Powerful, but you have to know it exists

For example, if you have a text object with a default size of 18pt but one word
in there is manually set to 12pt (67%), if you change the default size to 24
then the other word becomes 16 points (still 67%).

-- Stratadrake

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org