I have the same problem since 2.8, though not with a wacom, but with a
hanvon-tablet. For me it helps to move the cursor onto one of the docks and
reenter the image every time I switch pointing device. (Win7 64-bit, running
gimp in 32-bit because of missing 64-bit driver for my tablet) (and yes, you
should also give this info)

neuro <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>When I move my mouse over my image the brush cursor is not moving and
>it will
>not let me click on my image (with the mouse) the crosshair/cursor will
>it, however the brush will not, nor will any other tools, my wacom
>however works fine.
>I thought it must be something to do with GIMP accepting input but its
>not going
>as of yet.
>neuro (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
>gimp-user-list mailing list