On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Jack Tummers wrote:
> I'm not quite sure how this mailing list works, so I'm sending it to this
> address, hoping someone will put it in the right place. And perhaps clarify
> for me how I can respond to a particular topic/mail.

Reply to All, remove everything but the list address, send.

> I'm interested in this crowdfunding idea for Gimp to get some things done.
>
> As a professional photographer and only working with Linux software, there
> is one (and perhaps only) thing I really deeply miss at the moment and on a
> daily basis in Gimp: full support for keeping, viewing and perhaps editing
> of metadata (exif/IPTC/XMP).
>
> As a starting point it would be great if Gimp didn't wipe out all of the
> metadata allready present in an image (added by another program) after
> editing and saving it again. But even better would be if there was some kind
> of function equal to the Photoshop browser where one can select several
> images and edit or add metadata, preferably IPTC/XMP.
>
> If there are more people interested in this feature (and I'm sure there
> are), it would be great if this could be added as a feature for
> crowdfunding, because it doesn't seem to have priority with the developers.

It has on and off activity:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/log/?h=metadata-browser

I can't comment on the other part of your email, because I don't
understand what you are proposing, exactly :) People have tons of
ideas for crowdfunding, this is not the problem :) Finding developers
-- now that the missing thing.

Alexandre