Hi,

My girlfriend downloaded the GIMP windows build referenced off the GIMP.org
website and it seems to have a Malware/Adware package called "Sweetpacks"
bundled with it. I realize that the Windows version of GIMP is linked with a
"hey, this isn't us" kind of disclaimer but the fact that GIMP.org links to it
gives the sense that its contents are trustworthy or, at least, not hostile. If
there is really no validation of that distribution and it contains these kinds
of softwares then it may not be such a good idea to have GIMP.org linking to
it.

My $0.02,
~Ean

ps. I use GIMP all the time on my Debian box and love it so please take this in
the constructive sense that it is intended.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
e...@brainfood.com