I am typically using a brush sizes of 1,2,5,10,20 the sliders are basically
useless to me. Is there a way to set the max of the size slider? (and any other
sliders for that matter)

One of the brushes I most often need is a 1 pixel square brush. I use it to do fine touch up work on images. The 2.8.2 version of GIMP that is available for my distro appears to have an off-by-one error in the rectangle selection tool that meant the outside corner pixels were missing. I tried to create a 1 pixel brush to fix the corners but nothing I tried got me the 1x1 square brush. It kept coming up as 2x2 or larger.

The problem with creating the brush I needed and a problem with the text tool resulted in me compiling and locally installing GIMP 2.6 so I could do what I wanted to do with the image I was creating.

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org