steveleach <> writes:

> Good Day - I recently found GIMP and think it is amazing.  I've been a
> PhotoShop
> user for years, and actually prefer GIMP.  The one thing I can't seem to
> figure
> out is holding me back from using GIMP exclusively, and that is the Record
> Action feature.  I have to manipulate about 100 pictures per day - simply
> resize
> a picture to 6x4" @ 300 dpi, save it, resize again at 100 dpi, put a 10 pixel;
> black border around it and save it to another directory.  I can do this to a
> hundered picitures in about a minute with PhotoShop, but it takes quite a
> while
> with GIMP.  I am no techie ... any suggestions?

Unfortunately there is no _general_ record action feature. But for
actions such as this, there is a nice plugin that works just fine.

You can get the plugin BIMP here:

The first part is very easy with BIMP. The second part is also fairly
easy, though a little hacky.

BIMP shows up in the File menu. From there, add an action to resize to
6x4" 300dpi, add images and do the export. First step done.

Now create a 6x4" 100dpi PNG image with a transparent background and a
10px border. Add the same images to BIMP, add an action to resize to
6x4" 100dpi, and another action to add a watermark. Place the watermark
in the center, and select your PNG.

This seems to work from my quick testing, though I guess it would be
better if BIMP itself had an "add border" feature. (In the Future, GIMP
itself may support script recording and playback: )

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C

List address:
List membership: