Hi out there !!!

I do hope someone can be of assistance.

I have downloaded and installed GIMP 2.8 on my desktop machine.
When I click the icon the blue frame of the GIMP start-up window momentarily
appears and then disappears.
Nothing else then happens - no error message nor any form of a message
appears!

My desktop system runs on Windows XP SP3, with all the latest updates, etc.
installed.
The anti-virus software currently installed - Windows Security Essentials.
I uninstalled the anti-virus program totally, re-installed GIMP 2.8, to no
avail.

My Laptop computer runs with Windows 7 (64 bit). I downloaded and installed
GIMP 2.8 - it is running perfectly!!

What can possibly cause this anomaly?? Where do I begin???

Regards to all.

Johan J W Bezuidenhoud
South Africa
solu...@mweb.co.za