On 09.11.2013 17:43, HammerBob wrote:
> After I upgraded from GIMP 2.8.6 to 2.8.8 on my Windows 7 x64 computer I get
> this error message when I try to open a JPEG file as a new layer:
>
> ufraw-gimp.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point g_get_home_dir_utf8 could not be located in the
> dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll.

That could be the following change in the glib library:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2013-February/msg07050.html

Short summary:

The change hides some API that should never have been exposed on 64 bit
platforms, but was by accident. Applications are expected to use
g_get_home_dir in their code, which might be linked to
g_get_home_dir_utf8 via #defines depending on the platform (afaik this
happens for 32 bit windows platforms).

Someone should recompile the third-party ufraw plug-in with a recent glib.

--
Regards,
Michael