On 16.11.2013 at 7:29 AM Kasim Ahmic wrote:

When 2.8.6 came about, GIMP would query all plugins on every launch.
With 2.8.8 it seems to only do this with user installed plugins.
I assume this a bug but I'm not entirely sure as I didn't really pay
> attention to the startup screen prior to 2.8.6.

You're right, GIMP 2.8.6 was the first version with this buggy
behaviour. We fixed the most annoying part of querying *all*
plug-ins in GIMP 2.8.8.
Anyway, Python plug-ins are still queried on each start and
this is filed as the bug Jehan Pagès mentioned. We're already
working on it.
Does the buggy behaviour you described happen for *all*
user installed plug-ins (not only Python scripts, but also
Scheme scripts (*.scm) or i.e. the Ufraw or Beautify plug-ins)?

Is this happening to anyone else, or is it just me?

You're not alone.

Kind regards,

Sven