> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:37:26 +1100
> From: disposableem...@apps.opensourcelaw.biz
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Save v Export behaviour
> More useful I think would be a
dialog which identified for what I was about to lose (transparency,
layers or whatever) in the target format, and then accepted my decision
(and cleaned whatever dirty flag is set on edits) if I clicked ok.
Harder to implement though I imagine.

Telling you what you'd lose is precisely what 2.6 did.  It was a useful trivia
but it's not really relevant to 2.8's save/export model.

Cleaning the 'dirty' flag after export isn't going to happen - there is a
user-made GIMP plug-in that will do this for you (it adds an "Export & Clean"
type command to the File menu) but the core behavior isn't negotiable :(

Tip: From 2.8 (.4 I think) onward will inform you if there are no changes since
the last export; the warning message will inform you the file was recently
exported so you can use this to make your own judgement about whether it's safe
to close.

There is however a GIMP plug-in that does an export and cleans the dirty flag,
but the core behavior is not
-- Stratadrake

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org