On 12/19/2013 02:06 PM, wardgimp wrote:

I'm a pretty new GIMP user. I have been working on some images for my
church, for use on the web and print. In particular I have been using
transparent images overlaid on other images or backgrounds. But when I
export those images (in any format) the transparent elements appear
'dirty' or 'fuzzy.'  As below.

Any advice or tips on how to avoid this would be appreciated!

Do you scale down before export? All scaling (even scaling down) introduces a little blur because pixels are interpolated. This is especially true of the anti-aliasing pixels (those partially transparent pixels along the edge of your text).
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org