On 2 January 2014 22:42, Joao S. O. Bueno <gwid...@mpc.com.br> wrote:

> 3) Use the align tool.
> Hey wait---didn't I mention "2 painless methods".
> Indeed, still IMHO, GIMP's align tool is arcane enough
> I can't consider its use painless. It _should_ enable you
> to do what you want - just don't ask me how. :-)

Ok-  that was unfair of me -
it is actually easy to do this with the align tool once one grasps one or
two concepts of its operation. Took me less than 2 minutes.
a) select the align tool on the toolbox.
b) click on one of your layers
c) Verify that alginement is related to "image" in the tool options
d) click on the left arrow and on the up arrow, in the upper halff of
the tool options dialog to have it positioned at the upper left corner
of the canvas
e) repeat b - d 3 more times for the other layers, replacing the arrow
buttons as desired