From: Shlomi Fish []
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:27 PM
To: Jeff Weidemoyer
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Attn: GIMP

Hi Jeff,

On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:30:29 -0500
"Jeff Weidemoyer" <> wrote:

> Attn: GIMP,
> Firstly, I apologize if this was not the correct email contact. I did
> not see a better email contact provided in regards to my email content.
> I am a solo musician / songwriter from Lebanon, PA, USA, and I wish to
> thank you all for being such an important influence to me as I look to
> continue the journey I have started with my creative project. I
> wouldn't have been able to create my EP without your great product.  I
> have been using GIMP for nearly four years, and I have created every
> single logo I have to my name using your product. They say that the
> best things in life are free, and with everything your product offers, I
> believe Audacity is one of those "things"
> that statement is referring to. Admittedly, your product as well as
> Audacity, are  two of the best free software programs available for
> any creative person as far as I am concerned.  All of the album
> artwork, as well as marketing materials I made to support the EP was made
> utilizing GIMP.

I'm glad you like GIMP and found it useful. I believe the GIMP developers will
appreciate a donation, but, naturally, you are not obligated to make one.

Good luck, and Happy New Year!

> I plan to release a third EP, and 24 full-length albums over the next
> 24 years of my creative career. Unless any unforeseen circumstances
> come up, I plan to continue using your products throughout the
> entirety of my musical career. I hope I can help to bring even more
> pride and respect to your already reputable brand through my music.
> (Free instant-download)

Thanks for the link. I downloaded the album (without paying) and I am going to
listen to it. If I like it enough, then I may make a donation.

        -- Shlomi Fish (a GIMP contributor and coder, but certainly not a core

Shlomi Fish
"Humanity" - Parody of Modern Life -

“Interesting” has a negative correlation with “successful”.
    — Anno on Freenode’s #perl

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - ..

gimp-user-list mailing list