On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:57 AM, Øyvind Kolås <pip...@gimp.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM, EGoldman <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
>> I had a point and shoot camera that only shot in Jpeg so after I did all my
>> levels and curve and contrast changes, I would always export as Tiff file so
>> would have a negative/master file of my pic.
>> I have just bought a  Canon DSLR which I can now shoot in the Raw, my
>> question
>> is after I make my color corrections, how should I export the file so I have
>> negative/master?
>> Any guidance would be so appreciated.

Sorry, that email got sent off half way through the first sentence.

I would suggest using either XCF - if GIMP is your primary program for
doing things. If you are using GIMP 2.9 though; I would suggest
converting your images after load to 32 bit floating point linear, and
storing the "negatives" as EXR files; which is a well defined
high-fidelity format that more software packages than GIMP is able to

gimp-user-list mailing list