I assume you are addressing me. Please keep the attributions next time.
Thanks.

I would put all downloaded plugins in my personal gimp-2.8 folder in its
plug-ins folder:

C:\Users\yourloginname\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins or
C:\Users\yourloginname\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.8 (this may be a hidden
folder).

I would be happy to post a screenshot but this site does not allow images.

Partha