On 14 January 2014 21:26, Partha Bagchi <parth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like you downloaded correctly and while I would not have put it in
> the gimp plug-ins folder, it should still work.
>
> So when I installed it, it showed up correctly as expected under
>                                 Edit -> Feathered Paste.
>
> It will be grayed out till something is in the clipboard. When the
> clipboard is populated, you can use feathered paste.
>
> However, I am not sure it works as advertised from my cursory usage. That's
> something to take up with the author.
>
> I would want a pasted layer and not pasted on the image.

Hi Partha -
as it is, the plug-in does merge down the pasted layer, after feathering.

You can change this behavior by commenting out the second before last line
inside the plug-in function - the one spelling:
pdb.gimp_image_merge_down(img, sel, EXPAND_AS_NECESSARY)

-----
Just place a "#" character in front of it and save again.

---

Another detail in your message: the plug-in does not become "enabled"
when there is something int the clipboard. There is no way for GIMP to
know the plug-in
does consume the clip-board. It however, will go from disabled to
enabled when there is an active image.

  js
 -><-