Hello. First of all, thank you all for being a part of the legend that is GIMP!

Recently, I noticed there is an app for iOS in iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/awesome-gimp-photo-editor-pro/id756630894?mt=8
which uses the name GIMP, uses the GIMP mascot for the icon, is NOTHING like
GIMP whatsoever, doesn't give a disclaimer about its nonofficial status, and
(most outrageously) is charging money. I purchased this app yesterday thinking
it would be similar to GIMP, yet it couldn't be more different if it tried. The
main interface uses an editing suite by Aviary. This same suite has shown up in
other entirely unrelated apps. Apart from that, the only original feature is a
bare-bones main screen with a difficult-to-use photo selection feature and the
ability to share the saved project with others. That's it. I have a feeling
something hinky is going on.

The developer's name for the misnamed GIMP app is Amit Chaudhary. I don't know
if any of you know him (I'm guessing you do not, I don't see his name listed
among Gimp's developers/contributors nor is he listed among Aviary's:
http://aviary.com/company). If you do, are you aware of this issue? If you do
not, do you plan on taking any legal action? After all, I (and surely others)
feel cheated out of the money I spent on the app. Whereas your desktop app is
stellar (and unbelieveably free)! So I was naturally surprised and let down by
this pretender app.

If this is all a mistake on my end, I apologize. However, it would be nice if
the app were more similar to the Gimp we all know and love, insofar as that is
practicable on iOS.

Thank you kindly for your attention.

Regards,
Zot Dudot