On 01/31/2014 07:31 AM, Paul Read wrote:
The sliders are nearly useless for me as I typically use pens and brush
sizes of 1,5, 10 and 20.  I need to change the size regularly and the
sliders would be ideal yet my 'working' range is in a tiny little bit at
the end of the slider value.

If you install my BGII plugin it will allow you to choose brush sizes from a
drop down.
So, you just add 1, 5, 10 and 20 and they are the only sizes which will be
shown in the drop down. You can set a key to cycle through your size presets as
well, so you don't even need to use that. BGII does other stuff as well.

The plugin is here:

gimp-user-list mailing list